Do you know winter is the most lovable and likable season. People can eat more and sleep for long period of time in these cold weather conditions.
In winter weather conditions we don’t like to work but still we do as it can’t be ignored. I love to work in winter season as cool breeze shivers my body and still I am desperate to do that work, sometimes it’s forcefully as well…
In Asian countries like India, we hardly see snow fall or heavy rains during winter season as compare to other countries like Ireland, Argentina. It’s really difficult to manage ourselves and keep healthy during these cold weather conditions.
Young blood can face nailing cold winds but it can be difficult for kids and seniors to manage themselves in those cooling conditions. It’s obvious that both these category people feel cold more and always concern about their health.
Well it will not be great for us if one of our family members get ill whether it’s a kid, young or an aged person. We can’t do too much about weather conditions as its nature’s cycle but we can prepare ourselves to face the conditions.
Maximum people get ill quickly as due to the weak immune system whereas some get sick for the sake of carelessness. We need to be careful about the dropping of temperature and must have some precautions during winter season.
Here I am sharing some useful winter safety tips that one can’t ignore…
- Main reason to get ill in winter conditions as cold and freezing winds enters in our body through ears and nose. These icy breeze directly attacks to our chest if we don’t wear clothes properly.
So one of the best winter prevention tips is to wear clothes in multiple layers. Protect your ears through cap, hat or scarf. Neck guard must be used to protect the nose.
- Protect your eyes from sun glass goggles as freezing air can make a bad impact to your eyes. Hands and legs can be protected by using gloves and wearing proper foot-wears with multiple layers of socks.
- Human skin gets dry as chilly winds comes in contact, so some moisturizer should be used to keep skin hydrated. Drink water as much as possible. Try to use coconut oil for your skin.
- Maximum people get various diseases in winter season as due to weak immune system. Vitamins can help you to boost immunity in body.
Vitamin ‘C’ is very helpful to increase immune system. You should eat citrus fruits like orange and grapefruit, vegetables and other fruits like strawberries, broccoli and tomatoes. So eat these eatables and stay fit in winters.
- In bad weather conditions like heavy rain or snow fall, one should not go outside from the home. If in urgency you are about to go outside from house, you should wear bright clothes as easily you can be visible from a long distance. One must have torch with him/her.
- Before going outside, one must have knowledge about weather conditions and forecast news. Prevention is better than cure.
- You can use heaters for winter safety purpose. Wasting woods or coals can be used as well for cold prevention purpose by burning them.
Kids and senior people’s health too much affected in winter season, so there are some key precaution tips for them in chilly weather conditions.
Winter Safety Tips for Kids
Small children get seasonal diseases like cold, cough, flu or itchy skin very quickly. Hence there should be lot more care for kids and some of winter safety tips are given below.
- Don’t allow children to play outside from the home. If children are supposed to go outside for playing games, they must be covered well from clothes so that they can stand well in those cold breezes.
- Try to avoid outings in bad weather conditions. Take children to outside in bright sunny conditions if work is necessary.
- Make sure that children don’t get out of house for a long period of time.
- Don’t let children to play with snowballs. It may contain stone which can hurt to their body. We must have an eye on them so that small children couldn’t eat snow as it may have pollutant substances, dirt which can harm them.
- Prepare some special dishes for children to keep their immunity system strong and make them strong. In India, mothers prepares laddu (A sweet dish) which contains dry fruits, coconut and lots of other beneficial attributes.
Winter Safety Tips for Seniors
An old age body is always a container of diseases and as temperature drops, they get more diseases. Their body couldn’t handle easily the sudden change in weather.
One should care a lot to old age people as they are not enough capable to maintain themselves fit in those chilly weather conditions. Here are some tips for senior citizens to face winter season.
- Don’t go out of home without necessary work. If you are about to go, you need to confirm weather reports first.
- Keep minimum 7 days medicines supply with you.
- Try to wear clothes more and sleep well in those cool winds. You should have good quality blankets. Wear gloves, hats and scarfs always.
- If you are going outside from the home, keep mobile with you and drive slow in chilly weather conditions.
- Eat citrus fruits and take meal properly so that you get proper nutrition.
These are some beneficial winter tips that we can’t ignore. So keep healthy and safe this winter season. If you have got any winter safety tip, you can share with us in comment section.