Do you like this article?
MBA, Master in Business Administration, is the biggest dream cherished by thousands of students every year in India. MBA Education in India provides with great job opportunities and a flourishing career. And for that what matters is getting admission in the right course and the right management college. This is because the reputation of a college has a very big impact when applying for MBA jobs in future. Ranking of Top MBA colleges in India is primarily based on parameters like infrastructure, reputation of faculty availability, previous year’s placement record, average salary, etc. The top management institutes in India are:
List of Best MBA Colleges in India according to 2020 Survey
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad (IIM A): IIM A is amongst the top most ranked business schools in India and Asia. The admission process involves taking the Common Admission Test (CAT) followed by group discussion and interviews for short listed candidates. It offers the following four programs;
- The PGP – Post Graduate Program (equivalent to MBA),
- The FPM – Fellowship Program in Management (equivalent to Ph.D),
- The FDP – Faculty Development Program for Management teachers and Trainers and
- The MDP – Management Development Program – a refresher for middle and top level managers.
2. Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM C) @ Kolkatta: IIM C is the oldest of all the IIMs & is established in Kolkatta. Admission in IIMC requires the candidate to qualify CAT. It offers three full time programs:
- The PGDM – Post Graduate Program in Management (equivalent to MBA),
- The FPM – Fellowship Program in Management,
- The PGDCM – Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Aided Management.
This institute also offers part time PGDBM – Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management especially for managers with relevant work experience. The MDP – Management Development Programs are also held at regular intervals for middle and top level managers.
3. Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (IIM B): Ranked among the top three business schools, IIM B offers two year full time PGP – Post Graduate Program in Management (equivalent to MBA) and an FPM – Fellowship Program in Management & gives admission only to CAT qualified candidates. It also offers part time non residential PGSM – Post Graduate Program in Software Enterprise Management which has a separate entrance test for admission.
4. Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIM L): The institute has a very interesting student exchange program where students of IIM L go to other premier B-Schools worldwide and do part of their education there. Moreover, students and faculty from these internationally reputed B-Schools in turn visit IIM Lucknow. It offers one two year full time residential PGP – Post Graduate Program in Management and another four year FPM program through the CAT entrance exam.
5. XLRI – Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur: The XLRI offers two courses at the post graduation level in management; a post graduate diploma in Business administration and a post graduate diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations (PMIR).
Check all the details of above top 5 MBA College of India
There are also many other MBA colleges in India offering similar courses to enhance the career of students and to impart the full fledged knowledge of management and related courses. According to you, which is the best MBA college in India? Share your thoughts in the comments below.