Every citizen of India must have an Aadhar card of their own. Don’t have it yet? Don’t worry with these easy steps you will know how to Apply for Aadhar Card without any kind of extra hassle. You need to head to the Adhaar enrolment centres in and around you and then you need to fill out a form that will be provided by them. Do the biometric, submit the necessary documents, and you are good to go. Sounds so simple right? Well its definitely is and now we will take a detailed look at how to Apply for Aadhar Card.
Steps to Apply for Aadhar Card
- Before you visit the enrolment centre make sure you are carrying the needful documents. You need to produce them for identity verification and other purposes.
- If you are a resident of the Tier I city then you can easily find out the aadhar enrollment centre near you. All you need to do is to visit their website and head to the centres option. For the other cities they can also check the nearby office. But the link is different this time.
- Once you have checked it out up next fill out the enrolment form that will be provide to you online. You can get it easily by visiting https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf)
- Up next, once you have filled in the entire form all you need to so is to submit the form. but not alone, you need to submit and address proof and one identity proof. This can be your voter card, driving license, birth certificate, etc.
- After all of these documents have been submitted and approved by them, you need to submit the bio metric data to them. This means, they will do an iris scan and take your fingerprints and link it along with your aadhar card.
- Your photograph will also be taken by them for making the aadhar card.
- They will provide you with an acknowledgement slip. This acknowledgement slip will contain the 14 digit enrollment no. you can check the status of your adhaar card with the help of this no. so make sure you keep it really safely with yourself.
- You will need to show the acknowledgement slip to get the physical adhaar card. So pay extra attention to ensure that you don’t lose this slip. more details here
Once you complete the entire procedure the approx time required for you to physically get your adhaar card is 90 days. But is there a way out if you are in hurry? Yes most certainly there is! In the meantime you can use your e adhaar with ease. All you need to provide is the enrolment no. and you will get it within seconds. So this is how anyone can apply for their adhaar card. If you are waiting for it to arrive then please be patient because it is likely to take a certain amount of time.