The Windows is famous for throwing some random errors while users are doing the stuff they are willing to do. The Malwarebytes Anti malware error 383 is one such annoying error that I encountered myself. The Malwarebytes Anti malware error 383 appears when the user is trying to install the program in their computer. If the user is not familiar with the computer and the troubleshooting or errors, then its a significant roadblock in protecting your computer from Virus and Malware programs.
If you are facing the same problem while installing the Malwarebytes, then you are in the right place. In this post, I will share answers to how to fix Malwarebytes anti malware error 383 within a few minutes. All you have to do is to follow the steps mentioned in this post, and you are ready to protect the computer with a working anti-malware program.
How to Fix Malwarebytes Error 383
There are many reasons the Malwarebytes installation may show Error 383 on your screen. The primary reason is the Corrupted Installation, and the other one is existing malware infection, which has modified the essential system files. Well, that’s the common reason, and we are trying to fix those issues with the help of below-mentioned methods.
Method #1 – Use System File Checker
The System File Checker is the tool in Windows Operating system that checks for the essential system files and then replaces the missing system files. The tool is used most of the times to fix the issues that are caused by the system files.
- First of all, open the Start menu by clicking the Start Button on your keyboard.
- Now, search for “CMD” in the Start menu and right-click on the search result. Now, select the “Run As Administrator” option to run Command Prompt with Administrative Privileges.
- Now, type the following command in the Command Prompt window and wait for it to complete the task.Sfc /scannow
- After the complete is executed and completed, Restart your computer and try to install the Malwarebytes anti malware again.
Method #2 – Install Windows Updates
The team at Microsoft always push new updates with the bug and security patches. If the operating system problems cause the issue, then Microsoft would’ve released an update for fixing the issue. That’s why you are advised to update the Windows OS by installing the latest updates.
- First of all, open the Start Menu and Click on “Control Panel”.
- In the Control Panel, click on “System & Security” option.
- In the System and Security menu, click on “Windows Updates” option and then click on “Check for Updates”.
- The Windows will now search and download the latest updates. Once the download and installation process is complete, then Restart your computer and then see if the Malwarebytes Antimalware error 383 appears or not.
Method #3 – Redownload Installer
Sometimes, the web browsers or the download manager face some network fluctuations, causing the downloaded content to corrupt. The same might happen with the Malwarebytes installer. So, you are advised to Re-download the Installer file from the official website and then try to install the software. You have to follow this method only if any of the methods mentioned above are not working in your favor.
You can Ask for Malwarebytes Phone Support in case you face any problems.
The Malwarebytes Antimalware error 383 is not a significant problem that’ll cause headaches. As it is related to the important software, it is evident to panic at the start after encountering it for the first time. I hope you’ve learned how to fix Malwarebytes anti malware error 383 within a few minutes. Just follow any of the mentioned methods, and you’ll get rid of this annoying issue.